Welcome to PADI Open Water Diver course!
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- Complete five knowledge development segments, including quizzes and final exam.
- Complete Confined Water Dives 1-5.
- Meet water skills assessment requirements.
- Complete Open Water Dives 1-4.Before Open Water Dive 2, have student divers demonstrate that they can comfortably maintain themselves in water too deep in which to stand by completing a 10-minute swim/float without using any swim aids.At some point before certification, have students complete a 200 meter/yard continuous surface swim or a 300 meter/ yard swim with mask, fins and snorkel.
PADI eLearning® is an online learning tool available for some PADI courses and programs. Divers who complete a PADI eLearning program have met all or most of the knowledge development requirements for the program, and may be required to take a quick review with an instructor. eRecords verify requirements met and expire within one year of the last knowledge development section completed.
- Fins, mask and snorkel
- Full body wetsuit 2.5-3mm
- Inflatable signal tube (or DSMB)
- Diver Log Book
- Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement (10072)
- Medical Statement (10063)
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding (10060)
499 York street for final exam
Harbour for dives.
$450 + 13% HST = $508.50
$20 per day rental of BCD, tank & weights
- eLearning online course (desktop or iPad, student must select one)
- knowledge reviews, conducting final exam
- 9 dives in pool-like condition at Lake Simcoe offshore.
What’s not included:
rental of mask, wetsuit, boots, fins and snorkel (student must have his own)